[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2870: Support for authentication when adding printer via browsing protcol.

Tefnet developers at tefnet.pl
Tue Jun 24 00:51:26 PDT 2008

Situation: two CUPS servers:

A: has some printers connected
B: is the one that user has access to (can print on its printers)

A reports its printers to B via IPP browsing. The problem is that I see no
way to make A secured against anonymous access (IP limit is not enough as
machine with B may have users not allowed to print).

I would like A to be able to send some authentication information to B via
browsing so that B may authenticate itself when printing to A. Is this
possible? Or is there another way it should be done?

In a production system there will be many A-type servers and one B-type
server.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2870
Version:  -feature