Missing device URI on command-line and no DEVICE_URI environment variable!

engelienart engelienart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 01:49:57 PDT 2008

Hi. I dont know if I can post this here, but I have a strange error message and I cant find it anywhere on the internet. I only got some CUPS sourcecode. And I cant read C++.

The error I see behind my printer, a HP_Color_LaserJet_CM4730_MFP, is: Missing device URI on command-line and no DEVICE_URI environment variable!

Now I cant print. I can access the printer in a webinterface. It is a network printer.

I dont know what it means. No website can tell me what the problem is.

Can someone explain this to me? Thanx! And if you know the sollution too, I would be happy too.