Allow printing from certain servers only

Johnny Reyes reyes24 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 14:56:59 PST 2008

What I am trying to accomplish is allow printing from certain unix servers and deny all other printing. Some background, all the unix servers are in the same subnet, so I have do allow printing from certain hostnames and deny all other hostnames (fully qualified name). I am using the BrowseAllow and BrowseDeny but nothing seem to be working, printing is allowed from all servers which is what I do not want. I have updated the cupsd.conf file with similar entries

BrowseAllow hostname.domainname

BrowseOrder is allow, deny

Order Deny,Allow

I am trying to understand what is wrong and how do I get production host unix server to print and all other hosts fron not printinig.