[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2756: Binding connections to source interface

Roger Niva rogerniva at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:27:22 PDT 2008

We are using cups on servers which are connecting through several
VPN-tunnels. These tunnels are restricted to 1 IP-adress. The cups daemons
are bound to specific IP-adresses on the servers, but not necessarily to
the main IP-adress, as we are using IP-aliasing.

This is a problem when sending printing jobs over the VPN-tunnels. The
sockets originate from the main IP-adress, which the tunnels do not
recognize and subsequently drop.

The connections should probably originate from the IP-adress the cups
daemon has been bound to, but that may be a minor incompatability for
firewalls that have been setup to allow connections from the main
interface.

Is this something that can be done for a future release?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2756
Version:  -feature