[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2757: HP color laserjet, via jetdirect, don't print in 300 dpi, only in 150

Lukas Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Sat Mar 15 15:57:04 PDT 2008

Printer: HP color laserjet 5, connected via jetdirect
OS: Fedora 7, cups 1.2.12-8.fc7, HP Color LaserJet 5 Foomatic/hpijs

When I chose 150x150dpi everything works fine.
When I chose 300x300dpi it double-size the picture/pdf/test page and print
only first part (1 paper) and quality is 150dpi.
In windows it works fine.

Also transfer speed is really slow, only 30kb/s - windows has over 300kb/s

Does anybody know, how to print in 300dpi?
Thank you and sorry about my poor English.