cups cupsBackChannelRead & port monitor

velupillai kalyani.vel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 02:04:34 PDT 2008

> velupillai wrote:
> > I can't change the actual configuration of my computer (cups 1.3.5 standard mandriva 2008). It is a stable version of my plateform test.
> >
> > I tried the command where and the backtrace result:
> >
> >> where
> > no stack.
> >
> > I don't understand the result. Even if cups is not compiled in debug mode, i must have  stack addresses?
> >
> > have you done trial and obtained the same result as me?
>
> No, cupsd doesn't crash for me, but I'm not using Mandriva.
>
> You need to contact Mandriva for assistance.
>
> --
We made the test with gdb again. Here is the traces :

gdb cupsd
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandriva-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i686/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) r -f
Starting program: /usr/sbin/cupsd -f
[New Thread -1214654016 (LWP 4971)]

[Switching to Thread -1214654016 (LWP 4971)]
0xb7c1bd8b in strlen () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7c1bd8b in strlen () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#1  0xb7bed030 in vfprintf () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#2  0x0809b72e in ?? ()
#3  0x00000013 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

It shows that a Segmentation fault occurs.