[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2766: ImplicitClasses has no effect during failover

Ryan Lovett bugs at spacecoaster.org
Thu Mar 20 16:26:27 PDT 2008

I setup two CUPS servers with the intent of one being the backup of the
other. With a Mac OS X 10.5.2 client configured with:

BrowseShortNames Yes
ImplicitClasses Yes
ImplicitAnyClasses No
HideImplicitMembers Yes

it is able to browse the full printer queues on each and merge the queue
names into the implicit class name as expected. lpstat lists the queues as
q1, q2, etc. When I turned off cupsd on the primary CUPS server to test
failover however, the implicit queue names disappeared on the client and I
am left with 'q1 at backup', 'q2 at backup', etc. as queue names.

When I tried removing remote.cache and running 'launchctl stop
org.cups.cupsd' but that did not change the behavior.