[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2776: Printer classes

Mike Vallabh mike at waikato.ac.nz
Fri Mar 28 10:21:58 PDT 2008

Feature request
----------------
OS: Fedora Core 6
Cups pkg: cups-1.2.4-11.14.el5_1.4

In the cups web interface when you click on a printer class, you can click
on "Show Completed Jobs".  Is it possible that this view can also display
which printer in the class the job was submitted to?

We have a single queue that students all print to, which feeds 8 printers.
 We have a "print monitor" that displays which printer their job was sent
to so they know where to pick up their print job from.  We moved from
lprng to cups and now we need to restore our "print monitor" facility.
Our aim is to simply, set up a PC running a browser which points to the
cups web page for our single queue/class.  I'm yet to test whether the web
page automatically refreshes when a new job is submitted but that should be
fairly easy to implement if not the case.

Cheers,

Mike

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2776
Version:  -feature