[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2813: "Set allowed users" makes web page printers invisible even to allowed users

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri May 2 02:25:49 PDT 2008

When one sets an 'Allow these users to print' list (e.g. "john at SITE.AC.UK,
lucy at SITE.AC.UK") the printer can be invisible on the web page /printers
even to the allowed users.

Mike Sweet comments in cups.general:15990 -

"The hiding of printers from non-allowed users was added based on a
request from several CUPS users.  Granted, they required
authentication for /printers and /classes, so I guess we could change
the current behavior to only pass requesting-user-name when
REMOTE_USER is set - that would preserve the behavior they asked for
while making the default configuration show all printers and classes."

John A. Murdie