[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2817: First job hangs if from remote

Robert Billing bob at tnglwood.demon.co.uk
Mon May 5 07:17:25 PDT 2008

It wouldn't let me enter the real version number which is 1.3.6.

I'm running Fedora Core 8 on a desktop machine and on a laptop linked by a
wireless LAN. If I bring up the desktop machine, then try to print from the
laptop to a printer on the desktop, the job just sits there doing nothing.

However as soon as I do anything with cups on the desktop machine the job
runs. Even doing an lpstat is enough to trigger printing. I have a
workaround, putting this line in /etc/rc.local makes the jobs roll:

( sleep 1m ; /usr/bin/lpstat -a >/tmp/stat ) &

One minute after boot it does an lpstat.

Config file attached. The two allow address ranges are the wireless LAN
and the ethernet LAN.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2817
Version: -feature