[cups.development] Backend for Canon network protocol

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon May 5 08:54:53 PDT 2008

Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> hi,
> I have made the code I developed so far available on
> http://www.fazant.net/cups/bjnp-backend.tar.gz.
> Modifications can be found in runloop.c and bjnp.c which is for now a
> copy of socket.c with small modifications. This code is just a
> prototype.
> See all the udp command stuff in bjnp-io.c for all the canon specific
> stuff.

OK, given that you need to send commands out-of-band, a port monitor
won't help.  Also, because of the nature of the changes, I don't see
us incorporating them into the socket backend, but we'll be happen
to host a link on the CUPS links page:

     http://www.cups.org/links.php

Thanks for all of your work!