[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2814: Support AllowedChars for String/Password type custom PPD options

Lars Uebernickel larsuebernickel at gmx.de
Mon May 12 11:07:55 PDT 2008

I have a patch ready which adds a 5th parameter to *ParamCustom<Option>,
using the same syntax as scanf(2) for character ranges.

For example:

  *CustomUserId True: <code>
  *ParamCustomUserId UserId/User Id: 1 string 0 64 [0-9a-zA-Z_]

This parameter is only valid for string and password options.

But I have a small problem: CUPS doesn't seem to enforce the min/max
parameters for incoming custom option parameters. Therefore, I don't know
where the allowed chars setting should be enforced. Is that the
responsibility of the filters? Does it even make sense to read the
min/max/allowedchars from the ppd file if they are never used?

As with the web interface for the custom options, I would like to see this
in 1.4 - is there still time for that?

    Lars

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2814
Version:  -feature