CUPS Command File Sample

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Nov 3 18:53:15 PST 2008

keens312 wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I'd like to make my CUPS driver to support Supply Levels for my USB printer.
>
> After read CUPS documents, I found command file is the right way to do this.
>
> But its still hard for me to implement this based on the document.
>
> Is there any sample or detailed information about command file for this purpose?

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/spec-command.html

Also look at the examples included with CUPS 1.4b1 and the
SampleRaster example.

CUPS command files are exceedingly simple to read and all you need
to do is send ATTR: messages to stderr to report the supply levels.

Don't forget that your raster driver should also report the current
supply levels - that way the current supply levels can be displayed
anywhere without sending a separate CUPS command file job.