[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2988: Polling busy loop

twaugh.redhat twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 06:35:57 PST 2008

More information, as this happened again today.

Prodding it with gdb so that con->http.state=HTTP_WAITING, just to see
what httpGets says is there to read, it turns out that it returns NULL.

So the event on the file descriptor is just that the connection has
closed.

Sure enough, event->events == EPOLLIN|EPOLLHUP so we even know this is the
case before trying to read. (This is on a system with HAVE_EPOLL.)

I wonder if the solution is to have a 'default:' case in the
switch(con->http.state) part to handle this.