Bonjour printer DEVICE_URI

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 07:12:54 PST 2008

Hi mike,

I am confusing what DEVICE_URI will be use for the network printers.

For example, my printer is advertising multiple service types:
_pdl-datastream._tcp
_printer._tcp
_ipp._tcp

My printer can be found in browsing list, some Mac add it with device uri as _pdl-datastream._tcp, but some Mac using _printer._tcp.
What is the key point to decide the device uri for this?

For those printers using _printer._tcp, the mdns cannot resolve the address of my printer. so the driver cannot work at all, job stuck in the queue. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Keene