Localization issue of my CUPS driver

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:04:11 PST 2008

Hi mike,

My printer driver support multiple languages by installing localized PPD files into /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/xx.lproj folders.

OSX 10.5 is able to add printer automatically if the USB printer is connected.
The problem is that /private/etc/cups/ppd/myprinter.ppd is in English.

If I add the printer manually from Printer Center, it works fine and /private/etc/cups/ppd is using current language I set.

The auto added printer does not work as expected, is there anything wrong in my driver?

Thanks
Keene