[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3019: Configuration option to disablesmart-duplex

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Nov 27 06:22:09 PST 2008

Herman Fries wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 08:29:14PM -0800, Michael Sweet wrote:
>> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>>
>> But with a single page document, the single page is, by definition, always
>> placed on the front side of the paper, regardless of the duplex setting.
>>

> So by definition the first page in duplex mode is printed on the back
> side?
>
> If we print one page our printers (HP Laserjet P2015 and Kyocera Mita
> FS-1020D) they let the front side blank and print it on the back.
> So somehow the feature is incompatible with our printers.
>
> Can you give us a suggestion how to solve this?

There *are* printers around which implement a weird paper path
when duplex printing; their vendors usually request you to
differently load the input trays depending on if you are
printing duplex or simplex.
I think there is no hope but buying a different printer.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung