Backend signal handling

Thomas Küstermann t.kuestermann at tu-bs.de
Wed Oct 1 08:18:14 PDT 2008

Hello!

I'm working on a backend-wrapper that does some accounting before starting the 'socket' backend. It works very fine. Now, I have some questions:

1. What is expected from a backend when the print job is canceled or the printer queue is stopped?

2. Imagine a backend that handles SIGTERM to print out the job even when the print queue is stopped or the job is canceled. How to tell CUPS to drop the print job out of the print queue?

... if I say CUPS, I mean the latest one.

Thanks in advance,
 - TK