[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2960: Default value for TTRasterizer is Type42 (DDK 1.2.3)

Robert Maggi robert.maggi at kodak.com
Wed Oct 1 09:50:18 PDT 2008

While page 58 (denoted as page 50) of the CUPS-DDK-1.2.3 specifies the
default value of TTRasterizer is None, a .drv file without an 'Attribute
TTRasterizer' statement will generate a .ppd file with '*TTRasterizer:
Type42'. (Since PostScript is probably favored over Raster drivers, I
suspect the behavior is correct but the documentation is not, though as a
developer of raster printer drivers, I wish the documentation was
correct.)

Attached is the .drv file I used and the .ppd file generated from it to
illustrate the above.