Failure to Print Multiple Copiee with Raw Option

Lucky Leavell lucky.william.leavell at census.gov
Thu Oct 2 06:32:09 PDT 2008

I have been testing Don Badrak's pdfraw filter script on a RHEL5.2 system (CUPS v1.2.4) installed under VMware and have run into a problem I have been unable to resolve, namely, the filter works fine for PDF files but others fail with

    Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!

for example, when trying to print a test page from the CUPS web interface, or:

    cat /etc/hosts | lp -d npc_hpdj_c_1
    lp: Unsupported format 'text/plain'!

when trying to print a simple text file.

The first two lines of the PPD file are:

    *PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
    *cupsFilter: "application/pdf 0 pdfraw"

If I comment out the second line and restart cupsd, it works fine for the two examples given but does not handle PDF files properly (as expected).

Questions:
1. What am I missing here in setting this up?
2. What can I do about it to make it work for all file types?

Thank you,
Lucky Leavell