[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2963: "Find New Printers" button does not appear in French

martin.pitt.canonical martin.pitt at canonical.com
Mon Oct 6 08:16:31 PDT 2008

(This has already been submitted as http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2933, but
was auto-closed prematurely)

http://bugs.debian.org/475270 reports that in the French translation,
/admin/ is missing the "Find New Printers" button:

http://molly.corsac.net/~corsac/debian/cups/cups-en.png
http://molly.corsac.net/~corsac/debian/cups/cups-fr.png

I confirmed this with the latest 1.3.8 cups.

"Find New Printers" is "Trouver les nouvelles imprimantes" in French.

> Unless we can get a new translation for templates/admin.tmpl, we can't
really fix this problem...

Wouldn't it be better to fall back to the English ("C") string instead of
dropping UI elements completely? That's how gettext has worked forever.