[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2968: pstops should insert PostScript code for default option settings in the beginning of the Setup section

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:50:00 PDT 2008

This is already intended to be fixed by Mike Sweet, according to the forum
posting mentioned below, but I post it also here to not get forgotten.

See the discussion on the cups.bugs newsgroup/mailing list around STR
#2964, especially this posting from Mike Sweet:

http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s5380+gcups.bugs+v5387+T0

This makes pstops working perfectly with PostScript input where an
application (or the CUPS PostScript driver for Windows) has inserted
PostScript code of PPD option settings, as default settings get inserted
before these insertions and so the settings applied by the insertions are
not reset to the defaults by the settings inserted by pstops.

pstops inserted the default settings in the beginning of each section in
CUPS 1.1.x. So this is a regression.

For handling of IncludeFeature commands I suggest, in contrary to Mike's
posting, to insert the code exactly at the place where the IncludeFeature
command is (or do the PostScript/PPD/DSC specification tell something
different?).