[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2897: Adding CUPS filters for using PDF as standard print job format

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:28:50 PDT 2008

I have uploaded a tarball without pdftoijs now:

http://www.openprinting.org/download/printing/pdf-printing/pdf-filters-cups.tar.gz

This could be used to add the new PDF filters to CUPS.

One remark: The filter kit contains a Poppler-based pdftoraster filter. I
have now created a Ghostscript-based pdftoraster filter (after fixing the
"cups" output device so that it also works when PDF is fed into
Ghostscript). This filter I have uploaded into the Ghostscript Subversion
repository to the same place where also pstoraster resides. The advantage
of a Ghostscript-based pdftoraster filter is that Ghostscript is more
optimized for printing and it has more support for color management.

Therefore we will not necessarily need the pftoraster from this driver
kit. But note also that the next Ghostscript release is only in February.

WDYT? Should we take out pdftoraster, too?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2897
Version:  -feature