[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2982: printing pdf with parameterPageSize=match at pdftops

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Oct 30 03:43:17 PDT 2008

franz.pfoertsch.brose wrote:
> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>
> [STR New]
>
> When I put the A5.ps via netcat to the printer the tray selection works!
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2982
> Version: 1.3.9

The issue is due to the modified behaviour of the
pstops filter since - I think - CUPS 1.3.8.
I now inserts *all* PPD related attributes
- including the default settings - at the end of the
PS file's setup section. This overrides whatever
has been defined within the PS job.

I could offer you a modified pstops filter based on
CUPS 1.3.5 which does not exhibit this issue. If you
tell me what OS you are running, I possibly could
provide a compiled binary; otherwise you'd need to
compile from the sources.

Helge

PS: I'm about to publish this on the CUPS web site but
still fiddling around with an issue concerning
same-up processing and booklet imposition.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung

H.Blischke at acm.org