[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2955: backend only run as group lp

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Thu Sep 25 11:54:46 PDT 2008

I want to run a backend script in a different group as lp.

I added the additional group at the /etc/group and when I su - lp the
group appeared.

But when I run the script as backendscript from cups only the group lp is
possible.

I checked it with the id command in the script

id >><tmpfile>  uid=4(lp) gid=7(lp) Gruppen=7(lp)

the new group did not appear!

As workaround I configured the group parameter at the cupsd.conf.
But now all backends are running in this group.

In CUPS Version 1.1.23 everything works perfekt.