[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3151: Precission issue with cups.

Philip Neves philip.neves at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:24:15 PDT 2009

I'm finding that its difficult to do precision type printing in Linux. When
using programs like scribus or some other vector graphics I've been trying
to create CD labels. Not sure if its a problem with scribus or
functionality with ghostscript but the output never comes out to the right
place on the page. Its always off by a little bit even though I followed
the instructions in the labels manual exactly to be able to print out my
CD labels. This could be a problem with scribus but I've found the same
issues or issues like it in several different programs. So I guess I'm
asking for the Cups project to kindly improve the precision of the
software in Linux so that we can do precision work. This will make it
easier to use the PCB design tools and also programs like scribus where
very precise printing is required.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3151
Version:  -feature