[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3150: Brother QL-500, installed fine, won't print, crashes "printing troubleshooter

André Kjellstrup andre.kjellstrup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:31:52 PDT 2009

I have installed QL-500 and P-touch driver 1.3
Printer configuration seems fine. I choose correct paper type, and press
"print"
-after 10 seconds of "processing" The job fails:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed
I click "diagnose"
the debugging wizard goes as far as
"Debugging troubleshooter" offers to "enable debugging"

Clicking "enable debugger" closes all printing-related windows, and no
more printing can be done until logoff/logon.

I am very interested in getting QL-500 to work in Linux, and I would be
happy to help pinpointing this error - please tell me how I can help you
to fix it.

I have attached the driver.