Register a CUPS backend

Sergio Costas rastersoft at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 4 03:00:42 PDT 2009

Dear sirs:

I created a backend for CUPS several years ago, but since some months to now it seems to fail, when it worked fine before.

The problem seems to be in the process of doing CUPS aware of the new backend. I just copy it into /usr/lib/cups/backend and relaunch CUPS (I'm working with Ubuntu). Until some months this worked, but now, when I try to do

     lpadmin -p GtkPSproc -E -v psproc_backend:/

it returns

     lpadmin: device-uri “psproc_backend:/” incorrecto

I added code in the backend to know when it's called, but CUPS never do that in order to discover the URI.

I searched in the forum, but haven't been able to find the answer.

What have I do to register that URI in CUPS.

Thanks.