[cups.development] Newbie question

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Apr 10 10:37:09 PDT 2009

Dave Foster wrote:
> I have read a lot of the documentation on this site, and it seems
> that this might be possible with a CUPS filter or backend. I am just
> struggling to find how to begin - what program to use to write it,
> how to reference the app, and where to put it. I am on Mac OSX 10.5.

What you want to do is a PDF workflow - there are some examples on
the Apple support site:

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&src=support_site.home&locale=en_US&q=pdf%20workflow

This way you can just hit CMD+P and choose your workflow action to
fiddle with the page and print it, or save it off to PDF (as you
like).