[cups.bugs] Error Policy of classes

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Apr 27 10:53:43 PDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 3:03 AM, Wolfgang Dumhs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems like the Error Policy of classes is not used at all, but a
> job which had errors (return code 1 from backend) is always
> immediately rescheduled to another printer in that class. According
> to the documentation in
> http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/ref-classes-conf.html#ErrorPolicy
> one should be able to change the behavior, but that doesn't seem to
> work.

Yeah, that information should probably be removed since in reality
classes don't support printer-error-policy, only printers do (since
printers do the actual work).

Please file a bug and we'll make sure this is cleaned up:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks!

Michael R Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer