[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3304: Web Interface: In "Add Printer" wizard model selection is broken

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:38:13 PDT 2009

I have connected an HP OfficeJet H470 via Bluetooth (bluetooth CUPS backend
of the bluez package 4.48). The backend provides the following info to
CUPS:

direct bluetooth://001A0E1769AA "Officejet H470" "Officejet H470
(Bluetooth)" "MFG:HP;MDL:Officejet
H470_BT;CMD:PCL,DW-PCL,DESKJET,DYN;CLS:PRINTER;DES:CB028A;"

When it comes to the Make/Model selection it auto-selects the manufacturer
correctly and I get only the matching model entries for the HP OfficeJet
H470. I cannot choose another HP model, for example if the driver for the
HP OfficeJet H470 has a bug and the driver for another model makes my
printer working.

I prefer it to be as before, having all models listed but the right one
pre-selected. Or a "Show all models" button should be added.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3304
Version: 1.4-current