[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3305: Web Interface: Manufacturer selection in "Add Printer" wizard broken

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:50:17 PDT 2009

If I add a print queue with the "Add Printer" wizard of the web interface
and select a printer where manufacturer and model could not get
auto-selected, at first the list of manufacturers is shown (also if you
click "Select another make/manufacturer" on the model selection page). In
contrary to older CUPS versions the manufacturer list is a complete mess.
It contains many duplicate entries (at least 20 times "HP") many blank
entries, and also many snippets of arbitrary NickNames of PPDs.
Preselected is a blank entry and continuing with it one gets a model list
with very many "()" entries.

The PPDs and PPD generators which I have installed are the ones of Ubuntu
Karmic and of TurboPrint, they worked perfectly well with CUPS 1.3.11.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3305
Version: 1.4-current