[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #3438: CUPS 1.4.2-4 Is not working in Debian Sid

Geordie geordi at kos.net
Thu Dec 3 11:54:29 PST 2009

I am finding this a pain in the butt. I did a general system upgrade on the
weekend and cups 1.4.2-3 would not allow me to print. 1.4.2-4 is now
better. I have sent my HP logs to their launchpad site and have received
no response. So I thought I would try here. I am not sure where cups logs
are. The web interface can set up a printer. I can ping the printer. When
I send the test page I get 127.0.0.1 localhost contacted Waiting for a
reply.
I may not be able to help solve this. For I will try reverting back to
testing, and try to make things work. This software should not have been
allowed in unstable for it is broken and strictly experimental.
Geordie