[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3451: Listen and Access documentation is unclear about IPv6

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Dec 15 10:30:11 PST 2009

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

I looked in the 1.4 docs and still can't find this.  At:

http://cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/ref-cupsd-conf.html#Allow

I can see

  Allow from xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

but that doesn't show how to allow a prefix and I'm told one needs []
around the address liternal.  An example

  Allow from [2001:xxx:xxxx::]/48

would help greatly - not only do you need [] but the /48 has to be outside
the [].   Plus, presumably the default prefix is /128 if none is given, but
that would be good to state.

Thanks for the quick pointer.

Fix Version: 1.4.0