[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3456: Broken CUPS-MULTIPART Webinterface "Add Printer"-Wizard in IE7

Johannes Grumboeck johannes.grumboeck at porsche.co.at
Thu Dec 17 14:12:30 PST 2009

Hi,
I've recently successfully compiled CUPS 1.4.2 on SLES10 SP2 x86_64 - so
far it looks good, but...
when I'm want to add a printer via IE7 from my workstation, the "Add
printer"-wizard seems to be broken in the first screen, where cups tries
to detect printers and one must choose a way how the printer is connected.
This page is some kind of a CUPS-MULTIPART page and IE7 seems to handle
this incorrect -> every next part of this multipart is concated to the
previous. So one has to scroll down the html-output and for example the
busy-icon is present several times.
Hard to describe, therefor please have a look at the screenshots attached.

In Firefox 3.0 the presentation of this page looks OK (also screenshot
attached).

The html source is the same in both browser and is also attached.
(BTW: It doesn't look clean. Is this sort of CUPS-MULTIPART really html
and/or http conform?)

Please can someone check if this is only wrong with my IE7?
Or does anyone have a patch for this?

Kind regards,
Johannes
PS: CUPS is GREAT! Got 4 CUPS-servers running with version 1.1.23 for more
than 5 years now (~1700 printerqueues each server, ~50000 pages per server
and day) and it simply works!!! Keep up the good work :)