[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3425: PreserveJobFiles parameter

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 01:17:31 PST 2009

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

Ok, let me explain how I found my problem. Cups version, we have in Fedora
CVS is 1.4.2 with several patches (including str3425.patch and commit
r8914) applied. I played around with IPP_CANCEL_JOB(purge_job) in order to
purge job and I found that the job info file is not deleted. Moreover it
crashed in finalize_job(). Without str3425.patch and r8914 is was all
right. I thought that it's str3425.patch's problem and the solution was my
str3425-2.patch (I tested it and it fixes my problem).
But now I see that there can be something wrong also with r8914 commit,
which changes condition in cupsdSetJobState
-  if (action == CUPSD_JOB_FORCE)
-    finalize_job(job);
+  if (action >= CUPSD_JOB_FORCE)
+    finalize_job(job, 0);
so the finalize_job() is called even when (action==CUPSD_JOB_PURGE) and it
crashes in finalize_job() because job->printer is NULL (that's the reason
why I changed this in my patch).
And I have other note to r8914: finalize_job() has new set_job_state
parameter, which is not used (if I see right) in that function.
Sorry for writing it here, but I don't know where else because I probably
can't fill bug for unreleased version, right ?

Fix Version: 1.5-current (r8904)