[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3456: Broken CUPS-MULTIPART Webinterface "Add Printer"-Wizard in IE7

Johannes Grumboeck johannes.grumboeck at porsche.co.at
Tue Dec 22 04:54:42 PST 2009

Hi,

the last days I've searched the internet for multipart/x-mixed-replace
and found many sites describing how to generate such pages.
Excuse me, the syntax and so on for multipart in CUPS is right I see.

It seems, that IE7 (and even IE8) is NOT supporting
multipart/x-mixed-replace pages.
I've tried the very simple script (from the very end) of
http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/web/html/ch14_03.html?bcsi_scan_D1317D9D898C9682=0&bcsi_scan_filename=ch14_03.html.
It's working fine with Firefox, but not with IE7 and IE8.

Unfortunatly I can't find any information about IE supporting or
unsupporting multipart/x-mixed-replace pages! ;-(

How to proceed with this topic?

Best regards,
Johannes