[cups.bugs] [BUG] cannot set JobRetryInterval in cups-1.3.9

Jeff Chua jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:22:38 PST 2009

Michael,

I think I've tracked down the problem. It seems there's a 10 seconds
wait injected into the select() code in schedule/main.c that's causing
cupsd to sleep for an additional 10 seconds even if there's active job
to retry.

So, if the interval is 3 seconds, it'll attempt to make it 13 seconds
before retries.

Here's a patch to fix the problem. This will make the retries at
"closer" to the interval specified.

Thanks,
Jeff.