[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1767: Provide FSG OpenPrinting Printing API (PAPI) as a part of the CUPS package

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:52:24 PST 2009

There was worked on it on the GSoC 2008. The code is available here:

http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2008-linux/downloads/list
http://google-summer-of-code-2008-linux.googlecode.com/files/Cherif_Yaya.tar.gz

It was written by Cherif Yaya and mentored by Norm Jacobs.

I do not know whether the code is in a usable state. Feel free to use it
or not.

I also do not know how important PAPI still is or whether due to CUPS
having gotten very widespread PAPI is not needed any more.

    Till