[RFE] STR #621: printing to classes of IPPproduction printers

H. Blischke h.blischke at srz-berlin.de
Sat Feb 7 05:27:56 PST 2009

> [STR Closed w/Resolution]
>
> In reviewing this bug, the "waitprinter" URI option can be used to ignore
> the printer state, e.g.:
>
>     ipp://foo/bar?waitjob=no&waitprinter=no
>
> Note however that you'll lose any guarantee that the job actually got
> printed.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L621
> Version:  -feature
> Fix Version: 1.1.21

For sure, I useed (and still use) these options but it does not cure the problem I have. As the respective printer returns a "stopped" response, the CUPS queue *and* the current job both get stopped although the job has been submitted successfully.
On enabling the printer the job is submitted once more, which is not acceptable in a production environment.

Helge