[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3053: double free or corruption

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jan 8 09:42:05 PST 2009

James A. Peltier wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Michael Sweet wrote:
>
>> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>>
>> Please contact your Linux distributor for this issue.
>>
>> (CentOS/Red Hat CUPS contains substantial changes for SELinux and related
>> MLS support stuff, and this crash is happening on startup...)
>>

> It is not happening at start up, it shows listening afterward because we
> restarted the daemon.

Same difference...

> However, wouldn't your comments regarding SELinux would still be incorrect
> since it is disabled?  Also, a double free would not be triggered by
> SELinux since free is called by the software itself.

There is the kernel SELinux stuff and there are the changes added
to support multi-level security via SELinux which are always compiled
into CUPS and are extensive enough that we can't provide support for
the Red Hat versions of CUPS.

If you can reproduce this with a debug build (./configure
--enable-debug) of the stock CUPS from cups.org, then we can try to
help you, but otherwise you need to work with Red Hat or the CentOS
folks to figure out what is going wrong.