ppd file question

Jayacharan Rampog jayacharan.rampog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:53:04 PST 2009

hi,

I am developing driver for Thermal printer,which will work with raster filter,it's priontg properly but not with my dpi's.because,in my ppd I mentioned the default resolution 180x180dpi,but when i'm trying to ACCESS/READ through Pageheader it's reading 100x100dpi.

how i know this is,in my filter i have added the line follwing:

printf("%d\t%d\n",header->HWResolution[0],header->HWResolution[1]);

o/p: 100   100

in ppd file resolution like below:

DefaultResolution: 180x180dpi
*Resolution 180x180dpi: "<</HWResolution[180 180]/cupsBitsPerColor 1/cupsBitsPerPixel 1/cupsRowCount 8/cupsRowFeed 0/cupsRowStep 0/cupsColorSpace 3>>setpagedevice"

what may be the problem why i'm not getting exact dpi which i mentioned my ppd file?

thanks in advance.