[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3076: Regression with USB/MFP port. Failure to print to Samsung SCX-4100

John Zbesko johnzbesko at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 28 08:55:06 PST 2009

Version is latest Kubuntu Hardy Heron deb- don't know their version# to
cups.org version#

Recently, I noticed my Samsung multifunction printer, SCX-4100, no longer
prints. I believe it may have happened after the latest Kubuntu update for
cups.

The SCX-4100 is a multifunction printer that uses /dev/mfp4, I believe a
USB port that acts as a parallel port. Samsung has a binary driver and
some custom /usr/lib files for it that I have had working for several
years. Strangely, I am still able to use the Samsung utility for the
scanner function.

The cups print job just seems to go nowhere. I have not found any obvious
error messages in any log files.

What/where can I look to provide more information about this bug?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3076
Version: 1.4b2