Orderdependency

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Mon Jul 13 09:21:15 PDT 2009

Paul Grenning wrote:

> I can't seem to find documentation on what order dependency does within
> the PPD files. For example:
>
> *OrderDependency: 20.0 AnySetup *option
>
> What does the 20.0 and the "AnySetup" do to the UI or options?

The order dependency specifies the order (literally) in which
the selected options should be copied into the PostScript
stream and into which section with respect to DSC comments
they should go.
Thus, "AnySetup" specifies that the respective option is valid for any
or the setup sections, e.g. document setup (between %%BeginSetup and
%%EndSetup) or a page setup for a specific page (between
%%BegnPageSetup and %%EndPageSetup). The numbers
specify the ordering of the selected options within the section.

For dtails see the PPD specification from Adobe (IIRC,
TN 5003 PPD Spec v 4.3).

Helge