[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3273: Raster printers have CUPS_PRINTER_COMMANDS set

twaugh.redhat twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 07:15:48 PDT 2009

When a PPD contains a line like this:

*cupsFilter:    "application/vnd.cups-postscript 100 pstopxl"

but has no 'cupsCommands' attribute, print queues using this PPD file will
have the CUPS_PRINTER_COMMANDS bit set for the printer-type attribute.
This doesn't seem right as any PostScript destined for this device will be
rasterized first.

If the application/vnd.cups-postscript filter was added as a result of a
'*cupsFilter:' line, when the filter is not '-', I don't think we should
set CUPS_PRINTER_COMMANDS.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3273
Version: 1.4rc1