Porting CUPS to embedded board

good gord1306 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 03:20:55 PDT 2009

I am tring to port CUPS-1.1.23 to mips-liunx system.
My CUPS could auotmatically get all the printers shared in samba, and could use lpr to print. But it could not print by using local USB printers.

I used lpr to send a text file, and lpstat -t to view the status. The messgae always says:
"printer xerox is idle.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00"
"        Sending print file, 888 bytes..."

and I could see a file "c00001" in /var/spool/cups.

My printer seem to not understand the command, and not do printing job.

Could someone give me any suggestions?

My printer is XEROX Phaser 3124
CUPS Verion: 1.1.23
PPD File: Samsung-ML-1510-gdi.ppd