Text box within the GUI for the printerdriver

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Sun Jun 21 05:26:21 PDT 2009

> franz.pfoertsch.brose wrote:
> > thanks for the information!
> >
> > what must be done, to get it into the CUPS Windows driver?
>
> I think the only way to do it would be to replace the Windows
> PostScript driver entirely.
who can do something like this?
If we exchange the well known, well tested and robust MS Postscript driver, we could run into new problems.

In my opinion only a companie like apple could do something like this!

> > Does it make sence to work on the windows driver kit, because the Driver DDK from Microsoft is out of date.
>
> That is the only way to develop a Windows printer driver, so yes we
> have to continue working with the Windows DDK.
but what's going on with vista, windows 7 and so on?
Are vista and windows 7 using the classic windows postscript driver?
does this work sence?