[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3114: allow setting of default user name from config file

bas Zoetekouw bas at debian.org
Mon Mar 2 08:24:50 PST 2009

Currently, cups uses the user's user name to print jobs to remote printers,
unless it is overridden by for example the -U switch of the lp tool.
Unfortunately, it's very annoying to have to specify this every time, and
printer dialogs from graphical program's don't even allow this setting.
So please create the possibility to set the username from a config file.
As far as I can see in the code, this possibility doesn't exist at the
moment, so I made a qucik hack to allow this (see attachment).  It works
pretty well.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3114
Version:  -feature