Can't print A3 with HP1220c

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Sun Mar 8 10:08:26 PDT 2009

I have been using an HP1220C printer for some time, using CUPS.
When I was running under Mandrake (Mandriva) I could configure it with three print queues to allow A3, A4 and A5 printing. Since I switched to Ubuntu
I have not been able to get it to work other than as A4. Using set printer options allows me to select A3 size, but when I print something it gets
cropped down to an A4 outline. This may be a bug introduced by the Ubuntu
people but when I report it to them I get no response. Can anyone help?
dpkg reports the cupsys package as  1.3.7-1ubuntu3 .