[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3176: admin.cgi hangs with 100% cpu on OpenBSD

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Fri May 1 07:17:12 PDT 2009

Hi.

I'm facing an issue with CUPS 1.3.10 under OpenBSD.
All works fine except the admin.cgi script from the web interface.

Trying to add a printer using the web interface, after filling the Name
field, whenever I click on "Continue", the interface hangs and admin.cgi
starts eating all cpu.

I tried playing with ulimit with no luck.

When running cups in foreground mode ('-f'), then everything works well
as well as when I remove the following code from scheduler/main.c

   /*
    * Close all open files...
    */

    getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, &limit);

    for (i = 0; i < limit.rlim_cur && i < 1024; i ++)
      close(i);

I would appreciate any hint to find what is going on ;)
Thanks!